Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mahina moves and Makawalu

Mahina moves = Moon moves.  The 'Ole Pau is passed.  That was yesterday, and the fourth of four Po Mahina (Hawaiian Moon phases) that suggest "rest, review, re-alignment, weeding, fix your gear."  The more I study and practice being in sync with the goddess Mahina, the more alignment I feel.  The rest times are not completely relaxing in truth, some of my greatest transformation comes during the 'Ole phases.  This morning when I answered the question, "How do you feel?"  I wrote, "worn."  And, that was true at the time.  Hours have passed, slowly Mahina moved, and now I am not 'worn.'  Instead, I have fed myself comfort food to soothe and reassure me, had a nice walk, breathed some forest fresh air, and had a chat with my son who is in San Francisco for some R&R.  I am renewed, and realigned for the forward movement.  That's the thing I love about counting on the moon.  Mahina moves = moon moves, and the moon is our personal and collective link to 'how i  am feeling.'  Each day/night that changes, a little or a little more, yet always moving.  "This too shall pass."

Mahina is moving into Po Huna (the first moon in the second week) in Anahulu Poepoe.  Emotions, things, process is rounding out.  What began with New Moon is gathering momentum.  The 'Ole Po was a time to rest, slow down and get a point of reckoning ... to determine the worth or frivolity of your course:  keep/weed; good seed/water;energy-drainer/up-lifter and inspiration.  Pete is just back from his morning of errands into the 'little city' using the post-'Ole moon to keep us on track.  We like the path we're on, and continue on it.  A bathhouse and laundry in our future is down stream and on our path.  Does it require maintaining a hopeful and determined attitude?  Yup.  The 'Ole Moons often bring up dreams and waking opportunity, giving us messages, language and particular examples of just what our kuleana is.  Not every opportunity is my opportunity.  Again, the moon is all about 'How am I feeling?' 

Being makua o'o the tools/the sticks for getting from here to there are the same sticks.  The maturation comes from using the same tool differently once you get 'there.'  For example, I continue to keep writing this blog, but use the growing inspiration from it to tap into new projects and birth new platforms of growth:  Count On The Moon Workshops, Prime the Pump on-line writering group, an ebook for children of all ages, a new blog-cookbook in the making.  Another example, I was born in Palolo Valley on O'ahu Moku, lived in Kuliouou Valley for twenty-plus years, left the Islands to marry and create a child.  Now, the makua wahine (me) lives in the place to which I traveled, and my child lives in the place where I was born.  Same tools, different uses.  Yes that?  Here's another clue for the cultural detectives among us: MAKAWALU.  The examples in this paragraph are example of makawalu?

Soon, there will be more examples of makawalu.  What is makawalu?  What tools continue to work for your journey as makua o'o?  Questions, questions, always with the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart