Saturday, January 11, 2014

The genius involved in The Tire Iron: how to change "a flat" during the Cardinal T-Square

The Tire Iron: a tool needed to change your flat tire.

Astrologically, The Cardinal Grand Cross will be with us through mid-summer of 2014.
Here's how my mind worked and played with the image of a tire iron that floated in with the wind (that is howling around me outside!) when I considered the challenges and opportunities involved with that Cardinal Grand Cross. My astrologer wrote this morning, "...With Uranus square Pluto and the Cardinal grand cross, this is a really good time to take control of your life. Quit acting like you’re not in a ditch, if that’s what you’re doing. Quit acting like you’re not going in circles, if that’s what you’re doing..."
This is what the Cardinal T-Square (or Grand Cross by another name) looks like when you lay out an astrological chart. The Cardinal signs (Libra, Aries, Cancer and Capricorn) are in the sky above Earth like the points of a tire iron. In the image above Capricorn is in the 12 o'clock position, Cancer is in the 6 o'clock position, Aries is at the 9 o'clock position and Libra is at 3 o'clock. The planets involved in this T-Square are: Mars (in Libra), Uranus (in Aries), Jupiter (in Cancer) and Pluto (in Capricorn). Now try to stay with me on this romp. Laying out the basics is like making sure you have all the ingredients you need to make that yummy recipe. 

Using that tire iron image my mind and the genius within, that is a playful old gal, who learned from her Poppa Honey a long, long, long time ago how to change flats, has this whole picture (integrated perspective) on the asto-personal challenge question raised by Elsa P. The Researcher within me who loves a good life-puzzle considers all the angles and makes room for her angels; a woman feeds on both the angles and the angels. So I an inspired (wind-infused Uranus) in the 3rd House of Communication. I ride it out and find this blog where the tire-iron photo above was found. The blog WomenWithWrenches has a brilliant juxtaposition of practical information for a woman whose husband had never taught her to change a tire safely and easily. She did not have a Poppa Honey like mine, poor thing! But it makes no nevermind. The genius lies in what happened after I found the blog, read the instruction and saw the big picture of connecting information the way I do to overcome obstacles: "I am permeable" information/teaching will seep into me and that is one of the only ways I learn. Telling me what I must do has NEVER worked. I will do exactly the opposite, for good or ill. We all have our special brand and style of learning, or "being reached." I learned something the other day when I read the astrology of "how to be reached."

Here's a snip from WomenWithWrenches' short-version for changing a tire and rewards conclude the venture! The question is:
"My well-meaning husband has never taught me the safe and proper way to change a tire! Can you help?
Sure! He probably assumed you knew . . . hopefully. Anyways, you want to start by making sure you are on a flat, level surface. We seriously can NOT stress that enough! For your safety’s sake, and for our peace of mind, don’t try this on a dirt road or the side of a hill. Please! Flat and level.
In a nutshell, you grab your spare tire, jack, and tire iron. Loosen the lug nuts while the car is on the ground, line up your jack with the metal “tab” jack points, make sure your car is not in neutral and the parking brake is set, and raise it up. Once the flat tire is clear of the ground, remove the lug nuts and take the tire off.
Line up the spare tire and hold it in place with your knee or arm while screwing the lug nuts back on by hand. Get them snug with the tire iron and lower the jack till your car is back on the ground. Pull the jack away, and tighten the lug nuts again with the iron, going in a star pattern to make sure they go on evenly. Pitch that miserable flat tire into the trunk with the tools, and head home carefully. Remember, the little “donut” spare isn’t designed to drive like a normal tire, so take it easy!
When you get home, have some delicious truffles for your trouble!
Still with me? Hope so. If you need a break, go get that cup of something, or take a look at those delicious truffles for comfort without calories; then, come on back. Here's what I like about living, learning and playing with "issues" that keep putting me in the ditch, or have me worried when one of the tires on my metaphorical vehicle is flat. The metaphor is useable because if it's MOVEMENT that I'm after my vehicle or my our dear self with bad habits or sticking thinking could be aided by a look through different eyes, or a view from another angle. Changing a tire or using the stars (astrology) is something that can be learned, and it's very useful to know what your personal style for being reached is. It maybe my early training as a teacher that makes this approach genius-sense. Even then, as I taught, there has never been an in-the-box approach to it. I didn't learn much in the box, but I have learned that I was convinced of one-way thinking, only to discover the error of my ways later in life. Saturn has been there to remind me I learn things over the long term.

The point? That's it. Sometimes the point is many points. The position of the planets affects Earth because Earth is part of the whole. I, you, we are all affected by the whole. Old habits that are making me drive around in circles because one tire is flat gives me cause to look at the position of those slower-moving planets (Pluto in Capricorn, Uranus in Aries, Jupiter in Cancer) and weigh their effects on Mars' (faster moving, but in retrograde until mid-May, 2014). In my case, Pluto in Capricorn will be in my 12th House of deeply hidden secrets until 2025. That's a long stretch. My deeply private nature (I have Moon in Capricorn) is being asked "Is that one of my personal flat tires?" A Scorpio like me will remain private all her days and nights, but the subtle and powerful difference is in knowing and accepting truly good and nurturing relationships to be my gift (both received and given). Jupiter is in Cancer, and Cancer is in my 7th House opposing Capricorn. THERE'S a clue. Cancer is all about home, family, security. Coming up in a few days/nights is the Full Moon in Cancer, January 15th. "Maximize the positive impact" says my astrologer.

Life is a journey, a process with step-by-step experiences varied with the lightning and wind-inspired flash of the big picture incorporating all there is: it's the genius of being inseparable from all. On my way back home on my small donut of a spare tire, I give myself rewards for getting where I was headed before the flat. There's plenty to commend and mistakes are part of the whole. Look at the giraffe! The Full Moon next week will give me something to be positive in my close relationships/home and that's a sweet treat to have faith in. A truffle without  calories:) Pluto in Capricorn will be there for a long time, pacing seems important and Grace under fire may just enjoy a bit of a truffle so why not make up a tea tray for two: tea for you and Grace.

What a romp, a juggle, a fun time. Almost as good as sex.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart