Friday, July 31, 2015

Full Moon Gift

Leather Pouch Craftsman Radi ... this is his leather pouch LINK to see his beautiful work on Etsy
Gathered Magic is a Full Moon gift to the readers, known and unknown, who have come to visit this blog place Makua O'o. The Dedication post for Gathered Magic reads ...

"My friend, Alice Moon, was a gatherer and giver. She gathered people, made room for celebrating and spread the magic around. Alice said, It is our presence, not our perfection, that makes the Magic happen. In the spirit of Alice, and with the encouragement of another dear friend, and long-time loyal reader Joan Tucker I gather the magic here so as'not to spit in the eye of my talent.' These two women are Taurus, the Bulls in my life who help me reach for my Moon's North Node, content with my personal currency as writer. Along with these two Bulls is my husband, Pete Little, an Ox in the eyes of my Chinese Ancestors. He has inspired many characters in the medicine stories, mending and meddling and teaching me to loosen my grip on life, to allow for the unexpected. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Gathered in pouches ... I love the visual picture, and love the word "pouch" ..  filled with magic and medicine of stories, the short stories I have written as blogs or installments over the years are now all in one place. They are gifts, and here is what Lewis Hyde says about gifts, early in his Introduction of the book The Gift Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World, 


" a gift that cannot be given away ceases to be a gift. The spirit of a gift is kept alive by its constant donation."

The Moon is Full (in Aquarius) in the sky everywhere on Mother Earth. She, the oldest Grandmother, Grandmother Moon

"We put our minds together and give thanks to our oldest Grandmother, the Moon, who lights the nighttime sky. She is the leader of women all over the world and she governs the movement of the ocean tides. By her changing face we measure time and it the Moon who watches over the arrival of children here on Earth ..."- from the Thanksgiving Address

In the spirit of gifts, and during the time of Grandmother Moon's fullest face Gathered Magic is gifted. May she bless the arrival of this child of stories, sent as a gift in a pouch, with her light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart