Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Paying attention



"We are thankful to our Mother the Earth, for she gives us everything that we need for life. She supports our feet as we walk upon her. It gives us joy that she still continues to care for us as she has from the beginning of time. To our Mother, we send thanksgiving, love, and respect. Now our minds are one.
"Today we have gathered and when we look upon the faces around us we see that the cycles of life continue. We have been given the duty to live in balance and harmony with each other and all living things. So now let us bring our minds together as one as we give greetings and thanks to each other as People. Now our minds are one."

"Paying attention--that is a human gift...Grief opens the door to healing. Feeling the Grief can propel one to Act out of that Grief and turn despair into Hope." - Robin Wall Kimmerer

"Sometimes, I am the masked woman," I wrote to my family on O'ahu and France giving them glimpses into the life with MCS we live here in the Pacific Northwest. It is important, I believe, to include my family in our experiences as Sensitives, including them in the 'real magic' of connectedness.

"True magic is the action in which the ones practicing it can ... " from The Bowl of Light by Hank Wesselman, Hale Makua shares his wisdom in this book. Click on the image for a larger view. 

We are paying attention to the People, Human and Others, in our world and make time to notice how we can contribute where we are. The challenges of being Human arise for all of us because, as Indigenous Culture all over Earth know, Humans are the younger sister and brother of all Beings. We have so much to learn, and as the muli we so often forget we don't know it all. The plants, rocks, animals have figured out how to live here. They'll teach us, if we ask and follow through on the answers.

When I am the Masked Woman I am humbled and aware of just how much I need to learn. I woke this morning hungry for breakfast, and even more, hungry for sustaining gratitude. I went to Robin Wall Kimmerer, sister of the Bear Clan to lead me where I could be fed.

The quotations below the photos above are from The Words Before All Else The Thanksgiving Address of the Onondaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart